Hououin Kyouma

Closed The Mad Scientist Application of Redemption v2.37

As some of you may know. I have been demoted of admin powers completely. I am making this application to not beg for admin back, but I am making it because I've been with this community as an admin for quite a long time. 

I'm resubmitting my admin application because I've already came this far with phantom gamers, and I would feel it would be a shame for me to just stop here. I'm sure most of you know by now, I'm the only regular admin or person with powers who comes on both of phantoms servers and looks after it. I know that most of you that have taken the effort to bother to look at this application know who I am and know I do my job. I do realize that I do use my powers for what some people might classify as "abuse" such as setting classes, crits and a few other things. But I do know that a majority of you enjoy this, and it is why I do it. I've seen a number of servers fall due to strict rules, feared admins, and nothing ever different ever happens. I've seen servers where admins are constantly on, muting people they don't like, randomly banning, and pissing off a huge number of the community in which they also fall. I've been told to be a kind, fair, funny, and mad scientist admin. People seem to enjoy me being around, and even enjoy the abuse. Most of you who have been around the past few months would've known, that after the server became empty of admins/mods with nobody looking after it, mic spammers and assholes came on to phantom and started corrupting it. Some of you may know I decided to come back then and I was extremely strict, with several people getting banned for weeks or permanently, loved members who did funny things were muted and gagged constantly because of breaking maybe one rule and the servers essentially went into a prison where people would be punished extremely easily for breaking the rules. I took the time to have a look at some very successful communities and I saw how admins worked. There were very few, like a handful (around 4-5 admins tops) or even just two. They started this year and already have a community with over a thousand players in their steam group. I love phantom, it's over the year i spent on it I've came to realize how much i enjoy being with it's community and caring for it. After i decided to go a little bit more loose, players started coming out of the shadows and people felt like i was much more of a community admin rather than a tightass. People who never spoke on the mic before came up and spoke, people were able to do silly things and they felt comfortable being around me, and the community because it wasn't a harsh prison anymore. Being an admin isn't about crashing the server, or making people fear you. It's about looking after the community, having fun with it, crying with it, and being one with it. That's what it is to be an admin, I don't know whether I'll ever get promoted back to my role as phantoms admin ever again, but I'm going to at least try one last time before giving up. I want to see phantom get bigger, become more than it just is as hale and dodgeball. I want to see the servers full a lot of the time, people saying hello to their mates and making new ones, the steam group doubling, people wanting to donate not because they want special powers but because they love the server. I still have faith that phantom can have the potential to be more than it just is, and I want to be at the side of phantom, with my fellow lab members when the day phantom becomes on of the biggest servers out there. I love phantom, and I love you guys and girls as the community.

Are you, the community, the owners, my fellow lab members.

Willing to give me one last chance?

Yours Truly

~Light

I have many things i want to point out here, as i feel it is necessary.

I am not supporting or going against light's appeal, but to be honest, light has been abusing quite frequently. I know that this is very fun for some but others disagree. I do see how he does it for the sake of the people playing, as i have too had that feeling of needing to please or keep the players entertained etc. But i do disagree so some extent of his abuses. 

In contrast to this (sorry for the weird terms), i do think that Light is really the only admin that goes on now, due to the inactivity of other admins or just a shortage of staff. When Light isnt on, i see nearly no admins/mods on, and im sure people will agree with that. But luckily VIPS do play their parts in helping atleast a little bit with vote muting and slaying. 

I am also aware that some people, not naming who, are quite the fibbers to get their own fair share of power. I know that Light was demoted because of someone else wanting an admin position, and still not naming, which i think is a very foul play and selfish. To be honest, i've only saw this on RAWR, fully expected.

I really am torn, because as many know, i pretty close to Light, but then some actions he does i do think is wrong. But i do think it is a pity that he was demoted, as i try to make an emphasis, the staff is lacking. Not only in numbers, but in the recruiting. I'm sorry to evan for bringing this up, but demoting me, avix and light meant demoting those who were quite active, (spud also). We were always active on the forum, giving opinions to those who applied for admins/mods, and making sure admin apps were not left hanging. 
And to be honest, up to this point, i still do wonder why i was demoted for an exact reason. 

Light was like the last straw, the last active admin in PG. After this, i expect no admins on most of the time, and VIPS trying to maintain the server. 

All i request is to think carefully about what was done, and what effects it would have in the future. I do question what would happen to PG in the future. I know that Killer and Evan are busy with their own things, but then who will be there to recruit others? Other staff to be honest are not as active on the VSH server.

Please put this demotion in thought, or just recruit others you feel needy of. Dont just wait for the opportunity, you got to grab hold of it.

I for one did not see this demotion happen but I have a good idea about it. Light's point is true, there isn't enough staff for phantom. Though light may abuse his powers, mostly it's just because of the rules. People get frustrated having to stick by every single rule. Especially admins/mods. When light was a admin, most of the people where happy. And also, what's the point of having such strict rules no one can do anything. I still continue to obey most of these rules *wink wink nug nug* but it's hard for me having to do it. I don't want to be that person that mutes, slays, kicks and all that stuff. For me that would be upsetting and I think for most other staff members. So please take in considerate of what all the staff has done.