I have started a new thread, considering the fact that the other one is outdated and spammed with useless shit.

So! I'v gathered a few plugin recommendations from the community, and most from my own server which help to make the server a better place, and the staff on Phantom Gamers job much, much easier. 

Plugins to remove. (On the dodge-ball server) Im sure most don't need explaining, considering they're useless on pyro tennis.

* Be the Robot: Sentry Buster

Halloween Boss Spawner

* [TF2] Colored Engineer Buildings

[TF2] Building Spawner Extreme........ O'Rly killer..

Set Health (Don't really need it + the plugins broken/doesn't work)

TF2 Set Class (Just no..)

[TF2Items] Give Weapon........ 

Plugins to remove on Hale server:

* Set Ammo" (1.1.0) by DarthNinja

* [TF2] Dodgeball" (1.0) by Damizean

Plugins Missing on db. /need to install on db.

Map Nominations. (This is on Hale but also need to be on dodge-ball)

Plugins to be installed on both servers. (FOR SOME REASON: Some links don't work. The are linked at the bottom of the page).

* TF2 Godmode: (Your current one is outdated by years. Not sure its needed, but if you want it installed install "TF2 Deluxe God-mode"

*  !ccc (custom chat colours): Holy tits, we need this, the one we have is so outdated..

Need the new one. Why you ask? !ccc brings up a menu. Over like 500 chat colours for admins+mods (even vips if you install it for their flags). You can hide or show your tag. Admins sometimes need to hide their tag, considering how many commands we get asked to put on players if we just type in chat. Id rather not be begged 24/7.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=190562 Advanced Inf Ammo: Also not sure if needed, but your current is also long overdue/outdated. 

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=523432 Don't Shout: Makes chat tidy, changes the chat messages to lowercase when they are (almost) fully uppercase. 

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=630159 Perma Mute: Perm Mute/Gag: Permanently mutes or gags a player. This is normally a last resort, but there's definitely a few kiddies that need this.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2190494 Last Known As: Announces a clients previous name if they change between connects. Reason being people try to escape mutes by reconnecting with a different name. 

* Admin/Players Grab: Dearly needed, it helps check who is on opposite teams since aim names glitches out in certain maps. Also in hale it helps remove people blocking the doors.

* Connect announce/needs to be updated/edited: Connect Announce [Needs to be update] You need to update this plugin. Things in it include making it so that players can see other players steam ids when they disconnect. Also make it so only admins can see their steam id’s+ their ip address. Helps with banning hackers/constant pests. (let me know if ya need help, its pretty basic but ya know.)

Also to be fixed: *Major (for me <3)*

Fix engineer on saxton hale! If you're engi and you beat hale, either way you lose 10-15 points per building. So if you have dispenser, sentry, and 2 teleporters you're losing 60 points per round.
Many people main engi (including me) and are not able to play it in saxton because of the spastic scoring system. You should not lose any points at all for buildings.

If you need help with anything/need more info, let me know.
Note: Some spastic fucking thing is happening and wont let me hyper link things, so i had to just paste the actual link into some of the updates section.
Looks messier than a 16 year old giving birth.

Yeah, these seem like good suggestions, anything to help with moderating the servers.

Do engineers really lose points though? I thought it simply cancelled out the points given for building so you can't farm by self destructing.

You are correct. The idea is you gain points for constructing a building, get extra points by getting kills/teles etc. to cancel the cancelling when those buildings are destroyed. So in VSH sentry guns will (generally) gain/lose you no points, dispensers will gain you some points (extinguishing Pyros who Flare themselves, somewhat abusable), and teleporters will gain you the most points at 1 per successful teleport (unless I'm mistaken).

Note that when I say 'points' I am referring to GameME points, not in-game points. I think this is where the ranking system needs to be tweaked the most for VSH. You could get top damage every round as Demoman, defending your team's Engineers and their buildings with sticky traps etc. and only lose points by doing so, because GameME isn't designed for VSH (or other custom gamemodes for that matter), it's designed for regular gamemodes.

Right now, the stats are heavily in Hale's favour. You get triple points for every kill you make, you get an extra point for killing a Medic, two extra points for killing a Spy, and an increasing amount of points as your killstreak gets higher. Not to mention destroying buildings and a guaranteed 10 points from MVP #1 whether you win or lose, as you're the only person on your team. The only time you can contest this amount of point gain is as a Medic, with 5 points per ubercharge and 1 point for every 600HP healed (not 100% sure about this).

Now I'm not too familiar with customizing GameME, but as far as I know detecting how much damage you've done per round may  require too much work. However, tweaking currently existing tracked actions shouldn't be terribly difficult. For instance, things like Non-Rocket Airshots, Mid-Air Airshots, Stuns and Eating lunchbox items to restore HP give no points right now. Although giving them a point value won't fix the problem completely, it would help a little bit at least for the classes they affect. In terms of helping out the Engineer directly, I can't think of any ideas unfortunately.

Edited by Starblaster64

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=523432 Don't Shout: Makes chat tidy, changes the chat messages to lowercase when they are (almost) fully uppercase.

I would suggest using Dr. Mckay's version instead, as the one you linked is from 2007. Anti-Caps Lock.

And while we're on the topic of keeping the chat tidy, one of Mckay's other plugins may be useful: Enhanced Item Notifications.

Concerning your suggestion to add Admin Grab, I'm not understanding how you would find it quite that useful. Moving players can already be achieved by a simple request, followed by the use of 0 damage slaps if that fails. And while I haven't witnessed Aim-Names not functioning correctly, I don't see how this plugin would solve that any easier than switching to spectator or asking someone else would be.

Also, on the topic of moderation, I would suggest Chdata's Fakebomb plugin, it's basically a timebomb that doesn't explode the target, useful for warnings that you can't mess up. Fakebomb.

Regarding your list of plugins that need to be removed from the VSH server, I feel like you've missed quite a few candidates, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I'll take another look myself and post a list here if I find any more.

Edited by Starblaster64

Hey @starblaster, i didn't list all the ones that need removing because i know how busy killer is and hardly has time to update most plugins let alone remove plugins.

Also the grab is better than a slap and much faster for instance. In vsh_minegay map in saxton hale people block the doors, the door also blocks the aim names plugin so you cant see who it is, you tell people to move but they don't, you should know how it is:

Grab gets through everything and simply just move them. and solved.

Also your recommendation for the caps plugin from Dr. McKay. I did not list that because when i used it, it had a few errors. The one i suggested is the one that i also use on all my own servers.

I did forget to add the enhanced item notifications. It was on the list but i simply forgot about it, thanks for adding it <3

@Bytesmee yes you lose points from each building in hale. That's why i no longer go my main class that i have 700+hours on.

Ranking system is important to me, and i'm not going to be losing a shit tonne of points just because of a stupid system. r.i.p engi's

Grab gets through everything and simply just move them. and solved.

The problem I see here is that if there's multiple people around the person you want to move, it will become rather difficult to grab them. The plugin does not have player targeting if I remember correctly, which is why I suggested slaps instead. However, I'm not saying the plugin would be a bad addition, just that there are other ways to deal with the same situation.

Regarding your scenario with the door blocking the name of who's blocking the door, I don't see how that would work. The only time where the Aim Names plugin not showing a name would be a major issue, is if you as an Admin were the one playing Hale. Otherwise you should simply be able to see the name of whoever is in the door with the in-game HUD, or if you're dead, by switching spectate targets.

Edited by Starblaster64

The problem I see here is that if there's multiple people around the person you want to move, it will become rather difficult to grab them. The plugin does not have player targeting if I remember correctly, which is why I suggested slaps instead. However, I'm not saying the plugin would be a bad addition, just that there are other ways to deal with the same situation.

Regarding your scenario with the door blocking the name of who's blocking the door, I don't see how that would work. The only time where the Aim Names plugin not showing a name would be a major issue, is if you as an Admin were the one playing Hale. Otherwise you should simply be able to see the name of whoever is in the door with the in-game HUD, or if you're dead, by switching spectate targets.

With the door issue. Sometimes aimnames does not show the players name.

Multiple cases im inside the house and a soldier is outside blocking everyone in. We could not check who it was because it was not showing the name.

I simply grabbed him, and its done.

Is there a direct need for the Advanced Infinite Ammo plugin? Outside of the brief periods of end-of-rounds where it honestly isn't used to much effect, admins are more affected by mid-game bugs. Far too often I'm provided with unlimited uber and Demo charges that cannot be disabled except through supposedly map changes. I think this plugin needs serious reconsidering.

Is there a direct need for the Advanced Infinite Ammo plugin? Outside of the brief periods of end-of-rounds where it honestly isn't used to much effect, admins are more affected by mid-game bugs. Far too often I'm provided with unlimited uber and Demo charges that cannot be disabled except through supposedly map changes. I think this plugin needs serious reconsidering.

Yeah thats the reason why i mentioned i dont know why we needed it.

It is easy to fix, just by going in .cfg and changing around a few things.

I'm sure everyone's already seen it, but just in-case it gets buried in the shoutbox before being addressed I'll post it here anyway.

Vs. Saxton Hale version 1.53 has recently been released. This version fixes everything that the Gun Mettle update broke (cloak being stupidly broken, among other things), as well as adding some other balance changes, and also contains the addition of Goomba Stomp integration. Download of the compiled plugin as well as source code is available from the GitHub repository, here: https://github.com/WildCard65/Versus-Saxton-Hale/releases/tag/1.53

On a somewhat off-topic note, @BEESLY, what are your abilities concerning maintaining the game servers as a Co-Owner? Do you have full access to the server control panels, FTP, FastDL etc.?

Edited by Starblaster64

need a plugin to stop beesley from abusing

HAHAHA. You dont even play with me m8

I haven't even been able to get on lately cos my pc is fuuuucked!

Every-time i connect to the server i crash.

Need a plugin for hade to stop talking shit. Hade_blocker.smx

Vs. Saxton Hale has been updated to v1.55 for a while now, and pretty much all the bugs it had on release are now fixed.

Link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=244209

Important things to note about this update:

• New models
  • Goomba Stomp integration has been changed slightly, you'll need to generate a new SaxtonHale .cfg and set that up again

So, the Tough-Break update introduced a few new issues in VSH, the most notable one being that mini-crits on airborne targets no longer functions properly. Since I still don't know about an ETA for VSH 1.56, I created an unofficial subversion of 1.55 with bug-fixes and additional features that are either confirmed or likely to appear in v1.56. You can download both the source code and the compiled plugin from here: https://github.com/Starblaster64/Versus-Saxton-Hale/releases.

Note that the compiled version was created using a recent release of SourceMod 1.7.3 and SteamTools, so you might need to update the version of those on the server to run it. Also, this version does require TF2Attributes to be present and fully functional for a particular feature, so you should probably update the gamedata for that too.

If you're unsure about using this, SSG is currently running a previous version I released and are updating to this version soon-ish, so you can observe how it functions on their server beforehand if you want.

4 hours ago, Starblaster64 said:

So, the Tough-Break update introduced a few new issues in VSH, the most notable one being that mini-crits on airborne targets no longer functions properly. Since I still don't know about an ETA for VSH 1.56, I created an unofficial subversion of 1.55 with bug-fixes and additional features that are either confirmed or likely to appear in v1.56. You can download both the source code and the compiled plugin from here: https://github.com/Starblaster64/Versus-Saxton-Hale/releases.

Note that the compiled version was created using a recent release of SourceMod 1.7.3 and SteamTools, so you might need to update the version of those on the server to run it. Also, this version does require TF2Attributes to be present and fully functional for a particular feature, so you should probably update the gamedata for that too.

If you're unsure about using this, SSG is currently running a previous version I released and are updating to this version soon-ish, so you can observe how it functions on their server beforehand if you want.

@Killer_Awesome_Phantom

On 07/02/2016 at 3:05 PM, Starblaster64 said:

Thank For letting me know, i will try and install it sometime this week

Well this thread sure turned into a ghost town. I just thought I'd stop by to say I just published a micro-update (1.55e) to my 'unofficial VSH 1.56 pre release' fork: GitHub Repo

Also there was technically another version before this one but I forgot to make a post about it. p:

EDIT: If you guys wanted to suggest any new zanzy gameplay features I'd be happy to code something up in my spare time. Like a special PG's VSH subversion.

Edited by Starblaster64
extra stuff

12 hours ago, Starblaster64 said:

Well this thread sure turned into a ghost town. I just thought I'd stop by to say I just published a micro-update (1.55e) to my 'unofficial VSH 1.56 pre release' fork: GitHub Repo

Also there was technically another version before this one but I forgot to make a post about it. p:

EDIT: If you guys wanted to suggest any new zanzy gameplay features I'd be happy to code something up in my spare time. Like a special PG's VSH subversion.

I may be alittle retarded on this one, but what's the nerf with demo boot + eyelander? Was it op or some shit?

29 minutes ago, Matty said:

I may be alittle retarded on this one, but what's the nerf with demo boot + eyelander? Was it op or some shit?

Considering you could travel at approximately Scout speeds (and thus outrun Hale for the better part of a match), while still being able to tank a hit (with enough heads), yes it was OP. It's less OP now that Valve changed the speed boost to only work with shields equipped though.

7 hours ago, Starblaster64 said:

Considering you could travel at approximately Scout speeds (and thus outrun Hale for the better part of a match), while still being able to tank a hit (with enough heads), yes it was OP. It's less OP now that Valve changed the speed boost to only work with shields equipped though.

Fair enough, haven't really looked at the patches valves done since i stopped playing the game a few months ago, but ye i like it

On 04/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Starblaster64 said:

@Killer_Awesome_Phantom

obligatory bump