Killer_Awesome_Phantom

If their is one thing you could change about Phantom-Gamers what would i be?

I've been speaking to some people that are very recognized players around the community both on hale and dodgeball, and since i've been playing hale alot lately, these people myself included see this is a big issue on the hale server, that there are mods and admins that don't do jack shit, or stall almost every round. Ladaja seems to be the mod/admin that seems to give a fuck about the security and the rule enforcement on the server, but the main thing i'd like to see change is the staffs attitude towards the rules (myself included) i want the staff to abide by them.

and 1 last thing, the price list update is something people tend to get very pissed off about, since people almost always die from it, and recently, it's been happening 2+times every map

I've been speaking to some people that are very recognized players around the community both on hale and dodgeball, and since i've been playing hale alot lately, these people myself included see this is a big issue on the hale server, that there are mods and admins that don't do jack shit, or stall almost every round. Ladaja seems to be the mod/admin that seems to give a fuck about the security and the rule enforcement on the server, but the main thing i'd like to see change is the staffs attitude towards the rules (myself included) i want the staff to abide by them.

and 1 last thing, the price list update is something people tend to get very pissed off about, since people almost always die from it, and recently, it's been happening 2+times every map

Regarding your first point, there is an  Admin/Player abuse, sub-forum, as I'm sure you're aware. You should encourage people on the Hale server to use it or tell them to PM an Admin/Staff member they trust if they want to be anonymous. Also inform people how to record .dem files if they don't already know, much simpler and faster than getting people to record footage.

It might be a good idea to compile a list of all the Admins/Mods on all of Phantom's servers (if it already exists I can't find it) and figure out who's doing what.

"i want the staff to abide by them.", the best Admins will know when to be strict in enforcing rules and when to be a little lax. Unfortunately I can't say I've encountered many of such Admins on PG's VSH server. A good Admin will also know how to handle a situation where the rules do not explicitly decide the outcome.

Second point, I fully agree. The Price Check plugin is extremely frustrating, especially for players with poorer rigs/connections (the 'freeze' tends to last marginally longer for them). If it's still seeing average use by players, then I would at least suggest changing the updates to happen less frequently or only on map start/end if possible.

As for my own suggestion on what I would change:

Add an Anti-Ping Mask plugin on the VSH server (Dodgeball doesn't really need it, but you should put it on there anyway to discourage ping masking). There's literally zero reasons to use a ping mask other than avoiding the ping limit. While it's not necessarily detrimental to other players to have a ping mask (or high ping for that matter) when you're facing off against the Hale, it is seriously annoying when you are the Hale. In addition:

• You're hiding what your connection to the server is like, preventing other players from making a judgement of how far in advance they should make actions to account for your lag compensation. (i.e. 'range')
  • You're screwing up your own lag compensation. (i.e. melee hitreg)
  • If your connection is already bad, ping masking will just worsen your condition.
  • Depending on particular factors, ping masking may cause you to appear to 'teleport' short distances as you move on other players' clients, making it extremely difficult to hit you at times.