Goliath

Saxton Hale Server #1 Bug (Please read!)

[RESOLVED]  Recently, I've tried to get back onto the Phantom gaming servers (I was away for awhile with school and a vacation), and I've been unable to join the Saxton Hale server (IP 203.33.121.29:27016)

I've succeeded in getting onto other servers owned by Phantom, such as the Dodgeball server.  But every time I've attempted to join the VSH server, it comes up with the error, "Auto-Kicked for Ping Masking.

I don't understand why it only applies to just that server.  Am I banned or something?

Please help!

Goliath

Error Snip (TF2).PNG

Can I just ask where the confusion came from? There was nothing mentioning a ban when you were removed from the server, it very specifically said you were 'auto-kicked for ping masking'. That message alone gave you all the information you needed. All you had to do at that point (if you didn't know what ping masking was) was to do a quick web-search for "tf2 how to remove ping mask" and find a suitable solution.

Like, there's nothing inherently wrong with posting here on the forums instead, but it just seems to me like searching up a solution first would have been less effort.

7 hours ago, Starblaster64 said:

Can I just ask where the confusion came from? There was nothing mentioning a ban when you were removed from the server, it very specifically said you were 'auto-kicked for ping masking'. That message alone gave you all the information you needed. All you had to do at that point (if you didn't know what ping masking was) was to do a quick web-search for "tf2 how to remove ping mask" and find a suitable solution.

Like, there's nothing inherently wrong with posting here on the forums instead, but it just seems to me like searching up a solution first would have been less effort.

Yeah, I get what you mean Star, and I did do a few searches, it's just that the solution the sites I was looking to only had me show what my actual ping is to myself.

I think the command was something like Netgraph 1.

And for asking if I'm banned...

Well, I've never been banned before, I don't have a clue what popup appears.  Especially when in other games (Chivalry, Rust, etc.) it comes up with random errors for kicks and bans.

Guess I should've Googled harder :P

and Bronte?

image.jpeg

On 20 March 2016 at 2:04 PM, Starblaster64 said:

Your too smart. Teach me.